Church Protection Plan (Indiana SDA)
(This plan is exclusively for the members of the SDA Church in Indiana)
Malware and Computer Hacking Is Big Business in 2022!
Most people think it will not happen to them. They have anti-virus software installed and do not go to questionable websites. Some even have a MAC computer and Macs don’t get hacked, right? Consider this:
- North America saw an alarming 105% surge in ransomware cyberattacks last year. The majority of small-business owners are not worried about being the victim of a cyberattack, with 56% stating they are not concerned about being the victim of a hack in the next 12 months, according to a 2021 CNBC Momentive Q3 Small Business Survey. And 24% said they were “not concerned at all.”
- Hackers are targeting small business and individual users. $10 ransomware kits are available on the dark web. No special skills needed!
- 95% of cybersecurity breaches are caused by human error. (Cybint)
- Personal data was involved in 58% of breaches in 2020. (Verizon)
- 56% of Americans don’t know what steps to take in the event of a data breach. (Varonis)
- 100,000 groups in at least 150 countries and more than 400,000 machines were infected by the Wannacry virus in 2017, at a total cost of around $4 billion. (Technology Inquirer)
- Many malware attacks are now come from social engineering and email phishing.
The Bible cautions:
Daniel 12: 4 …even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Matthew 24:12. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold
Knowledge and technology is increasing so rapidly it it is impossible to keep up. It is used for good and harm. What is our responsibility?
Consider this probable scenario:
You have a laptop and it is a very important piece of equipment and it would be hard to live without it! All your sermons, word processing documents, members lists with personal information, and your bank and church information is just some of the information stored on the device.
You think you have good virus protection software installed and you copy some of your files to a USB drive when you remember. If you are honest, you reuse many of your passwords and most of the passwords might be easy to guess. You get hundreds of emails every week and some look suspicious at times. You are supposed to ‘patch’ your software regularly, but you are not really sure what that means? If something bad happened, you are not sure who you would call?
Plan Cost: $29.99/PC/Month
Plan Cost for Churches Leaders: $20.00/PC/Month
Plan Cost for Churches Pastors: $17.00/PC/Month
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 279-6208 to sign up for the Church Protection Program.